Experiences of a REI (NY style)

My successes and failures as I attempt to build my wealth through real estate investing.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

MY HISTORY

My history up to this day in REI is fairly simple yet I already have great insights for new investors looking to get into REI. I started about two years ago when my dad gave me a book to read in my free time. This book was RDPD's book ABC's of Real Estate Investing. This was the book that started me into the vast world of REI. From that point on I read everything that had to do with real estate, business, and investing. I immersed myself in everything real estate as far as books goes. About six months after my reading began I started to network, and try and find properties that I could purchase and invest in. I talked to real estate agents, Lenders, other investors on the web, and my dad. I believe that one of RDPD's books stated that you will be laughed at, and "no" will be a word that you become familiar with. Let me tell you, I was laughed at, ignored and pushed aside by many many people, and that was if they let me in to begin with. I did not let that slow me down, I continued to talk to people and learn as much as I could through that process. After about six months of doing that (a year from the start) I was talking to my father, and he briefly mentioned joining with me, or partnering with me. A few days later I took him up on his offer, and we started seriously talking as a team. We went through the whole process of setting up an LLC, and started to look for properties to invest in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home