Experiences of a REI (NY style)

My successes and failures as I attempt to build my wealth through real estate investing.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Purchase Strategy That I Am Going To Focus On

My strategy for purchasing investment properties in the beginning is going to look something like this.

I really like the REO market, and the auction market for purchasing properties. I like how easy it is to purchase these investment properties at a significant discount. Like they say, "your money is made when you buy." I believe that this will let me get into houses fairly cheaply, and still let me have money left over to do needed repairs. I will come up with the money to purchase these properties through conventional mortgages, private lenders, hard money lenders and personal funds if need be. I personally like Trisha's style of buying with one loan (I believe a construction, or rehab loan), doing the repairs then refinance with a more conventional lender in order to get better terms and pull out money. I believe that this strategy will work the best for what I am thinking.

My Selling Strategy

Depending on what we need at the time, the investment property we buy and the areas market we will do one of three things after the rehab is done.
1. I will refinance, pull some money out and use the property as a rental
2. I will refinance, pull some money out and Lease Option it for a given amount of time
3. I put it on the market right away, preferably just under the FMV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home