Experiences of a REI (NY style)

My successes and failures as I attempt to build my wealth through real estate investing.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Goals for 4/30/2006 - 5/7/2006

1)Stay involved in the purchase process.

2)Find out as much as I can about "Sandwich leases."

3)Start to re-read Start Small, Profit Big in Real Estate

Auctions

If you don't know already auctions area great place to go find bargains for your real estate investments. You can get anything from flooring to windows and siding very cheaply. I believe you can save literally thousands if you go to auctions knowing what you need for any given place. Just my two cents.

52 Homes in 52 Weeks
by Dolf de Roos

I got the chance to read this book a few days ago. I found it very interesting and thought provoking. It wasn't what I would call a "how to" book, or even a book about investing in real estate so much. It was more of a story of Dolf's and his partner's journey through this goal of buying 52 homes in 52 weeks. I really liked their method of sandwich leasing the property. I would think that this would be a very good method for doing pre-foreclosures. I would think that it would eliminate the Due on Sale Clause worries, and let you get into the property with almost none of your own money. The only thing that I can see as a worry would be if they do not use what you pay them for the rent and the house goes in foreclosure anyways. If you have experience with doing sandwich leases please post your thoughts about them. It would be a great help to me.

Goals for 4/23/2006 - 4/30/2006 Update...

1)Monitor the pre-foreclosure process.
- It is going great. Our person is doing everything perfectly. It saves us a ton of time so that we can focus on other important stuff.

2)Find my financials for our financing.
- Found them, and handed them in. Our loan process is going along smoothly, and it looks like it will continue to run smoothly until the end. Lets hope at least.

3)Be as involved in the purchase process as I can be.
- I am doing this as much as I can. I am asking as many questions as I can on stuff that I do not understand or know. I am also trying to stay as involved as I can be at the moment. I can not wait for summer to come, so that I can take a very active role in the whole process, and hopefully get things flying. I have the time where as my partner does not, so I believe that I will be a big help to him and our process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home